My aunt connected me to Dave, the founder of VEP, in November 2019, and I was inspired by his mission to partner with grassroots, front-line voting rights organizations beacuse they are most in touch with the needs of their community.
As a founding organizer and the project manager of all technical tasks, my evolving roles and responsibilities include:
- onboarding 200+ volunteers and introducing them to our work and mission,
- matching volunteers to partner tasks based on availability, skill set, and experience,
- building and maintaining the Voter Empowerment Project website,
- managing and overseeing all volunteers with technical skills, a team of about 50,
- managing all technical tasks, which included website design, website development, search engine optimization, & custom voter pledge cards,
- meeting with prospective and current partners to discuss VEP's goals and technical projects,
- forming a partnership with VoteAmerica and embedding their tools on partner websites.